Policy | 31 Jul 2023
Open Call for Living Labs to enhance food resilience in Europe
This initiative will connect different types of Living Labs to share knowledge and tackle interdisciplinary problems related to food security and resilience, forming a lasting partnership between the network of Living Labs for data exchange.
The ECO-READY Observatory has announced an open call for Living Labs to join their network and contribute to the development of strategies for enhancing food resilience, combating food insecurity, and addressing climate change in Europe. The Living Labs will be co-creators of knowledge from the social sciences and humanities domains to inform policy formulation and public understanding.
The Living Labs will investigate product types and create model-based scenarios, test relevant scenarios for climate-related challenges, and contribute to the development of contingency plans for selected food products for ensuring food supply and security. The sub-projects performed by the selected Living Labs will last for 24 months and will be divided into three phases: Design, Development, and Impact.
Deadline: September 30th, 2023 (17:00 CET).
Practical information about the call:
– Total Open Call budget: 4 million euros
– Budget per project: up to 400,000 euros
– Living Labs should be composed of 2-5 partners
– At least one scientific/technical/commercial partner and at least one community of users should be included
– Applicants should be specialized in one or more of the following sectors: food security, biodiversity, or climate change.