FOODPathS event | 08 Feb 2023 | Rue d’Egmont 11, 1000 Brussels
Funders Forum for the Future SFS Partnership
Join us in the second version of the the Funders Forum – an in-person event this time!
During this event supported by the European Commission, you will learn more about the FOODPathS CSA (Coordination and Support Action), the future Horizon Europe Sustainable Food Systems Partnership (HE SFS Partnership) and how they relate to each other.
Your participation in our interactive workshop is crucial to shape Food Systems funding approaches for the HE Sustainable Food Systems (SFS) partnership.
• To obtain updates from different actors regarding the process towards the Sustainable Food Systems Partnership (a.o. EC DG RTD, Proposal Coordinator ANR)
• To share and collect examples of Food Systems funding approaches
• To test a Food Systems funding approach on real-life topics
What can we offer you as a participant?
• Update about the Sustainable Food Systems Partnership preparations
• Inspiring exchanges with others on funding practices and on changing the funding landscape towards supporting more food systems research trajectories
• Co-creating future Food Systems oriented funding modes
What do we need from you as a participant?
• Your expertise and experience with regard to funding practices and Food Systems approaches
• Examples (from all scales: regional/national/EU/international) of how Food Systems transition can be supported through transnational R&I funding
• Willingness and openness to exchange on what worked and also what did not work
|0||10:30 – 11:00||Registration with coffee, tea and networking opportunity|
|1||11:00 – 11:15||Opening and introduction*||Nikola Hassan, FZJ and Jasmina van Driel, ZonMw|
|2||11:15 – 11:25||The Sustainable Food Systems Partnership (SFSP)*||Guest speaker Daniela Lüth, DG RTD|
|3||11:25 – 11:35||SFS Partnership Consortium proposal process*||Guest speakers Claude Yven and Gilles Ferron, ANR|
|4||11:35 – 11:50||Questions for clarification*|
|5||11:50 – 12:00||Examples of (Food) Systems funding and research approaches*||Nikola Hassan and Frank Hensgen, FZJ|
|6||12:00 – 12:10||Experiences and points of attention when trying to implement a (food) systems approach*||FOODPathS WP 3 team|
|7||12:10 – 12:30||Question and discussion round*|
|8||12:30 – 13:15||Lunch break|
|9||13:15 – 13:30||A Food Systems Approach in light of the Sustainable Food Systems Partnership*||Ivana Trkulja and Merete Studnitz, AU-ICROFS and Susanne Hansen AU-DCA|
|10||13:30 – 15:10||Operationalising a Food System approach in call mechanisms|
Interactive Group work – WP 3 team led by AU-ICROFS
|Ivana Trkulja and Merete Studnitz, AU-ICROFS and Susanne Hansen, AU-DCA|
Groups will each work on a specific, fictive topic and develop a call description, selection criteria, devise monitoring and evaluation approaches and develop guidelines
|11||15:10 – 15:30||Closing session|
|Nikola Hassan, FZJ and Jasmina van Driel, ZonMw|
|12||15:30 – 16:15||Drinks and networking|